Thursday, February 10, 2011

Tough luck

Man, you won't believe the crap I've had to deal with this past week. Just the other day, I was on the phone with a customer service rep and my call dropped. Fuck! That's 5 minutes I'll never get back.

And the other day, I was at the store and got stuck behind some douche with like 200 items. Cock! I had to wait almost 7 minutes before I could proceed.


And get this, just this morning I was walking to the train station when a stiff breeze made it feel like 5 degrees for almost 8 seconds. Holy shitballs that's cold!

All of this misery got me thinking how lucky people are in places like Egypt. They are so wrapped up in this whole revolution thing, they don't have time to care about shit like dropped calls. Hell, most of the people don't even have cell phones!

And what about people in Mexico? With their ongoing drug wars? How do you give a shit about supermarket lines when you're worried about what might be lurking around the next corner? That's gotta make life pretty simple, no?

All over the world, people are dealing with war, famine, civil unrest and more. How great would it be if we had stuff like that to distract us here in America? You can bet we wouldn't be worried about the cold weather if we had to constantly wonder whether scud missiles were about to drop from the sky.

Sometimes I dream about dropping all of my worries and moving to one of these exotic, far-away locales.

But then I'd have to deal with the hassle of going through airport security.

Fuck that shit.

No comments:

Post a Comment