Tuesday, April 26, 2011

There's no 'me' in politics

The world is a mess. Everything is corrupt. Millions are out of work. Houses aren't worth shit. And the planet appears to a few years away from self-combusting.

But luckily, I have a plan.


I'm not going to do anything. I'm going to sit in my room, hum a nice tune and focus on what really matters—me.

I don't have time to care about the petty problems of those who orbit my universe. And I don't have the luxury of caring about the 'future'. I'm all about the here and now. And right now, I'm here in my room humming some Kajagoogoo, higher than a kite on the moon.

Now, don't get me wrong. If something bothers me personally, I will speak the fuck right up. I will complain like a 5-year old without his juice box. Heck, that's my right as an American.

But if you want me to actually do something? Back off dude. I've got bills to pay. I've got kids to raise. I've got a lawn to mow. How can I possibly squeeze anything else in?

Shit, I don't even vote. Don't see the point. Those political fuckers have never done nothing to help me. Get Obama out to clean my gutters and maybe I'll consider pulling the lever for him next time.

Until then? It's me time, baby. Time to spark up and tune out.

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment