Friday, December 3, 2010

Close your mind

Having an open mind is great, if you're talking about the idea of being open to new experiences, people and places.

But for some people, open minded seems to be a euphemism for having no fucking clue.


If you are an adult, you should have opinions on shit. You should not be able to enter a voting booth unsure of where you stand on critical issues.

What do I think about abortion? I don't know, I'm trying to keep an open mind about it.

Translation? I'm a spineless twit who is afraid to actually commit to anything.

What do I think of the war in Afghanistan? Not sure. I don't feel like I have all the facts.

Translation? I'm a lazy twit who doesn't want to spend the time to actually find out the facts.

What do I think about healthcare? Well, I don't really have a point of view, I just know I want my care to stay the same.

Translation? I'm a selfish twit and I can't be bothered to care about anyone else.

So, next time you hear someone bragging about how open minded they are? Ask them why they are so proud of being a twit.

No comments:

Post a Comment