Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Money is scary

So I had this dream the other day. Got a new job earning a million dollars a year. It was terrifying. I kept telling myself, why me, why me?


Why am I the one burdened by the possibility of paying almost $35,000 more of this income (above 250K) to the government? How am I supposed to survive? People making 20,000 a year don't have to pay an extra 35 grand in taxes. Why not? At least then it would be fair! The government must hate the moderately rich! Why else would they make me not want to earn more money?

I would much rather earn 50 grand a year, and pay nothing more to Uncle Sam versus earning a million and having to fork over thousands more every April 15th. That 35 grand could go towards new wheels on my moon rover!

I bet the lady who cleans my maids' aprons doesn't have to worry about stuff like that.

Lucky bitch.

Then I woke up and found out the tax rates won't be going up for at least another 2 years.

Phew! Crisis averted.

No comments:

Post a Comment